Thursday 14 July 2016

Harshvardhan Joshi: Gujarat Boy Hits B-Town with Hindi film Love Ke Funday

Harshvardhan Joshi's dreams seem to be coming all true! "Who would've thought a law student from Gujarat would come to Mumbai and pursue his Bollywood dreams," quips Harshvardhan who although moved to Mumbai to study Cyber Law but landed with his debut Bollywood film Love Ke Funday produced by Faaiz Anwar and Prem Prakash Gupta of FRV Big Business Entertainment Pvt Ltd and Prem Motion Pictures. 

"I was always interested in acting and would keep participating in modelling contests and what not. I made it into the Grooming Competition of NIFT and that was the turning point," states Harshvardhan while further adding, "I then moved to Mumbai and joined this theater group called Karma Kala Manch and worked with Azad Bharti for three years. It was during this stint that Director Indervesh Yogee saw me in short stories of Desi Bamboo online YouTube viral network and offered me to audition for the role in Love Ke Funday."

Moving from theater to films wasn't that easy a transition for Harshvardhan who says, "I was used to slightly dramatic, theater style acting while for this film my role had to be very subtle. In fact ironically, mine was the most subtle, emotional, one woman man, part. So I had to learn how to underplay." 

Well, if underplay is what gets him the applause so be it because we surely think this Gujarat Boy is here to stay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment